Thursday, February 28, 2008

Barulio Estima - (2007)

When I heard that Barulio Estima was putting out a DVD I was excited and they I heard it was on his guard game which made me even more excited. Barulio Estima’s guard game is one of the best out there right now.





The set is on two DVDs and the categories are:

Disc One –

Closed guard

Collar choke

Collar choke to armbar

Collar choke to triangle

Lapel choke

Lapel choke to armbar

Lapel to choke

Triangle choke

Armbar from Opponent standing

Closed guard II

Sweep

Preventing posture

Omoplata attack

Foot on hip sweep

Hip bump sweep

Open guard

Preventing the pass

Recovery from the pass

Recovery from the pass II

Hook guard sweep

Sit up guard sweep

Barulio’s sweep

Helicopter sweep

Disc Two –

Open guard II

Omo Plata from hook guard

Triangle from hook guard

Sweep from hook guard

Helicopter sweep from hook guard

Taking the back from hook guard

Hook guard summary

Preventing the pass

Sit up guard variation

Sit up guard variation II

Open guard III and Passing

Sit up guard variation II

De La Riva sweep

Spider guard sweep

Spider guard variation

Strategies from the cross collar guard

Passing the guard

There is so much information on this DVD that it’s sometimes overwhelming. I have gone over the first couple of sequence and have taking notes. I was able to hit the collar choke to arm bar the first time I tried it. Lately I’ve been working on open guard and this DVD is full of information that can help anyone on all level of BJJ. The only issues I have with this DVD, is that it’s strictly a GI DVD. There isn’t too much on here that will cross-over to NoGI, but that’s all right with me. This DVD is a must have for any BJJer that wants to improve their GI guard game.

No comments: